Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Booneville during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC at 662-269-8716 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.