Modern homes are well sealed to keep heating and cooling indoors. While this improves energy efficiency, inadequate fresh air, indoor contaminants and nonstop recirculation can lead to problems.
Don’t worry, though, because Booneville Heating & Cooling can help you have an energy-efficient home that’s also comfortable. Our services include an air quality audit, air duct cleaning and products to help improve indoor air quality in Booneville, Mississippi.
Call us at 662-269-8716 today to start refreshing your home’s indoor air quality.
Evidence Your Home Has Poor Indoor Air Quality
Is your home’s air healthy? It might not be as healthy as you think. Pollution may be two to five times more concentrated indoors compared to outdoors, as reported by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Indoor air pollution drifting in your home’s air may induce headaches and allergy flareups. And mold and mildew can trigger a number of health issues.
While many of these symptoms can be a consequence of other issues, they can be evidence your home has indoor air quality (IAQ) problems. This is particularly true if you feel better while you’re away from home.
- Dry eyes, nose, throat or skin
- Headaches and sinus pressure
- Allergies or asthma symptoms that are more intense than normal
- Coughing and sneezing
- Dizziness or nausea
A well-worn heating and cooling system can be a contributing factor in indoor air quality problems, especially if it’s struggling to filter air, balance humidity or keep temperatures stable.
Here are several other signs you may need to purify your indoor air:
- Excess static or mold growth
- High quantities of dust
- Stuffy or musty odors
How Can I Stop Indoor Air Quality Problems?
Preventing indoor air quality problems should be comparatively straightforward with the following 10 simple tips:
- Request an indoor air quality audit with Booneville Heating & Cooling. We’ll test areas that impact air quality, such as humidity, carbon monoxide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Then we’ll review any concerns we come across and how you can fix them.
- Clean consistently to clear away dust mites, which can aggravate allergies and asthma.
- Clear your home of secondhand smoke.
- Use a whole-home filtration system to get rid of odors, instead of masking them with air fresheners or fragrant candles. The pollution includes chemicals that can cause headaches or aggravate respiratory conditions.
- Air out gas-burning appliances, like stoves and water heaters, outside.
- Keep your home’s humidity levels comfortable with a humidifier or dehumidifier, based on your needs. Adjust humidity under 50% to hinder mold and mildew spread.
- Test your home for radon. Long-term exposure to this invisible radioactive gas is the main cause of lung cancer among nonsmokers, as reported by the EPA. You can purchase a radon test kit online or reach out to your state radon program for details on discounted or free kits.
- Utilize a ventilation system to exchange contaminated indoor air with fresh air from outside.
- Choose natural cleaning and painting substances that are low in or free of VOCs. Elevated levels of VOCs can irritate symptoms for family members with respiratory diseases.
- Mount carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms.
Start Cleaning Your Air Today with Booneville Heating & Cooling
With a full roster of NATE-certified professionals and indoor air quality solutions, Booneville Heating & Cooling can help your family breathe much easier. Call us at 662-269-8716 or contact us online today to begin.