Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Booneville, a lot of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us cozy. This can have a huge impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be useful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be replaced. We advocate at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can arrange temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. An expert at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also supports the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC in Booneville a call to begin. Give us a shout at 662-269-8716 or schedule an appointment with us online.