Spring is in the air here in Booneville and that means vacation plans are on the horizon. While you’re planning what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what is left behind, your home. The Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC team has some helpful advice that will work to keep your home safe and help save some money on your utility bills while you go on a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are an economical way to make your home look as though you’re still home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a good idea to program your lights to coincide with your usual schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a trusted friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater comfort than a text while you’re you’re on vacation letting you know that everything at home is just fine.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to say not to share photos of your amazing sabbatical on social media, but try to wait until after you make it home to post photos of your trip. Family and friends presumably already know you’re leaving so there’s no reason letting potential criminals know your itinerary. Everyone will be just as excited about the fantastic things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it as simple as ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical device is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to conserve energy while you’re away is to unplug a couple of your electronics. Something that you may not have thought of unplugging is your garage door. It will conserve energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re on vacation there’s no reason to keep your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your usual level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some easy tips to add to your spring break prep agenda, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about safeguarding your home this season or want to discuss additional energy saving tips, give Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC in Booneville a call at 662-269-8716.