According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you see if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should watch for.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, do you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to reach out to Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC in Booneville about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC. A yearly checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts open.
More ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dust in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and change them when necessary.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or damp condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Booneville home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning when needed. Call the experts at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC at 662-269-8716 or schedule an appointment online.