Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Booneville summertime, have the specialists at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC perform your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow in the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC today at 662-269-8716.