Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Booneville is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. mow the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC in Booneville at 662-269-8716 today.