You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is an ideal way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the current temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC technician is over for your regular furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 662-269-8716.