Living in comfort in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you feel a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner breakdown. It can occur at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly feel how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so warm wrapped in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be the moment for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be working appropriately, but it still reads that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s most often caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that requires a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many causes for why air conditioners fail, especially bearing in mind the weather in Booneville. Here are a few things that you can search for before you call Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your external air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and see that the fan isn’t running, it means that the heat movement isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to remain in your home. This problem can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other possible internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most likely issues that Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner decrease proper airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really problematic when allergy season hits. Dirty air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an barrier or jam in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, too.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also hindered from outdoor obstructions around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is hindered, it can change it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned regularly to reduce the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t running, here are a list of questions and tests that you should look into and answer to get your system up and working again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t turn on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL setting?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things change your system operation, call Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC at 662-269-8716.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you restless at night. If you follow these steps and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner working again in no time. Our team at Booneville Heating & Cooling LLC in Booneville is always here to be of service – give us a call at 662-269-8716.